Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Freewrite

I decided that it would be a good time to do another freewrite so that I may see what is on my mind lately.

I am listening to the new Coldplay song: "Viva La Vida" (http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Vida-Coldplay/dp/B000RPTQ1C), Dang it, this is a real good song. Coldplay gets a sissy rep from a lot of guys, but, in my opinion, this group of young men possess a level of talent that is of the highest echelon. I hope that the rest of their album, "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" is as good as their initial single.

Ebaumsworld.com is hilarious (www.ebaumsworld.com). I would describe this site as an irreverent youtube. Like youtube, users upload pieces of media to the site so the rest of the Internet community may view those hilarious moments caught on film or tape. It is grade-A quality webjunk that I often find myself gravitated to if I am bored.

The idea of graduation has completely permeated my brain. I am pretty much counting down the days, except I don't want to have a definite number in my head because that will make the waiting that much more difficult. I have been at this school for three years, and I don't know how anyone could keep their sanity by doing four. I am ready to go and enjoy the independence that comes with not having to sign in or ask an adult permission to get into a car. I am also excited to have a job and make money. It's been a while since I've had a good, money-paying job; I have been doing government internships these past two summers. They have been invaluable sources of experience (and admittedly something cool to put on the resume), but I've been irritated that I have not been able to build up a tiny bit of personal wealth. I will probably end up working two jobs this summer, like my sister did the summer before. That's all good. I just want to work, workout, read, and sleep.

On the media front again, for a math assignment I need to see the movie "Stand and Deliver" (1988, directed by Ramón Menéndez: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094027/) However, when I went to the library to get the movie so I could watch it in the comfort of my room, I was floored to hear that its was on a VHS. VHS!! That stuff is ancient! I remember watching the Disney movies of my youth on VHS, but that was a whole different era. Alas, I must return to the technological primordial muck in order to complete this assignment. I wouldn't be as irritated if it weren't for that fact that it is incredibly difficult to find a VHS (I certainly do not have one in my dorm). Whatever. I guess I will hunt one down or go to the school's media center.

Well, I think that is enough verbal vomit for now.

Thank You for Reading

No comments: